Go paddling in the San Juan Islands with Oliver and Pamela Brulotte, owners of Icicle Brewing Company in Leavenworth – June 26 thru 28. Join them for pints and paddles, and more. They hosted this trip last year and by all reports it was a magnificent adventure. The days will be long and sun-filled, the evenings delicious and friendly, as you paddle your way through the San Juan Archipelagos.
The outfitter is Outdoor Odysseys, a company based in Friday Harbor that is now in its 24th year and is one of the oldest and most respected kayak companies in the San Juan Islands. Their trips combine sea kayaking with orca whales and wildlife viewing, and they also know a thing or two about putting together a quality outing.
They describe the trip like this: “Spend three days paddling the beautiful San Juan Islands and two nights enjoying award winning craft beers from Icicle Brewing Company as our expertly guided sea kayaking tour by day becomes a “waterfront” tasting room by night. We will be pairing locally crafted Icicle Brewing Company beers with our delicious camp cuisine – guaranteed to please the most discriminating palate while you relax and enjoy the islands!”
“What could be more relaxing after a day of paddling and viewing fantastic wildlife such as bald eagles and harbor seals than relaxing with a tasty, refreshing brew? On our 2015 departures we’ll base camp off of scenic Jones Island, which is entirely state park, while pairing beers with our great tasting gourmet cuisine. Possible dinner menu: Baked brie with pecans, sun dried tomato chicken sausage with wild rice and freshly baked Dutch oven gingerbread topped with whipped cream and blueberries.”
- We take great pleasure in producing gourmet quality camp cuisine. In the evening, while you and your fellow guests settle into camp our guides fire up our trusty Dutch ovens and Partner Stoves to create a variety of delicious meals selected specifically to pair with Icicle Brewing Company beers brewed in Leavenworth, Washington.
- We camp at Jones Island State Park – a perfect kayak destination with numerous outstanding waterfront campsites.
- Day 2 (Layover Day) – Wake up to the sounds (and smell!) of freshly brewed coffee and your guide preparing a Dutch oven frittata, go exploring via kayak for the day, hike around Jones, eat an early dinner, go out for an evening bioluminescence paddle, then relax around a toasty campfire. Is this bliss or what!!
- Our camping trips are all-inclusive. Not all outfitters include gourmet lunches, use real maple syrup or butter, organic produce (we grow some of our own!) and complimentary dry bags.
- Due to our reputation and years of experience we are able to attract naturalist guides that are NW natives, older (average age is 30) and are capable of holding their own in spirited talks around the campfire – to say nothing about the fact they are damn good cooks!
Brew and Boat Dates:
June 26-28 with the Icicle Brewing Company